"Men’s Rights" Activists are so misundertood /sarcasm
Feminists: let’s completely stop people from talking about men’s issues and then claim that it’s the patriarchy that causes men to not be able to talk about how they feel!
Feminists would be in an outrage if we used similar stereotypes against them.
Men’s Rights Activists never gave a shit about feminists until they tried to shut down discussions on men’s issues. Can someone give me an example of MRA’s obnoxiously, violently protesting feminist meetings? Nope, just feminists disrupting peaceful meetings like this one and this one.
Meanwhile here’s a feminist sending death and rape threats to herself who also assaulted a man with a semi-automatic pistol. Here’s another who shot Andy Warhol who also published a book that feminists love called the “SCUM Manifesto” about killing men. It seems that feminists are actually quite violent when people disagree with them as they also sent death threats to Erin Pizzey because she disagreed with the idea that only women were the victims of domestic violence.
No, MRA’s didn’t give a fuck about you but because you have made it your mission to silence them they of course must respond.
You are losing ground and you’re doing everything you can to claw your way back to the top including sending yourselves death and rape threats and lying on national television about MRAs but thanks to feminists like these and anti-feminists like this, people don’t give a fuck what you have to say anymore and are learning quickly that feminism no longer has any valid input in the first world where men and women are already equal.
I’m not even an MRA, but it’s pretty clear to me that only one of these groups actually wants to help people, while the other is more concerned with fueling their victim complex and bullying others into obeying the whims of their cult.
Lol When have men’s rights activists ever done shit for men’s issues? All the feminists I know IRL have done way more for men than any MRA I’ve ever heard of. I
it’s kinda hard to get shit done when you guys are pulling the shit listed above
So what have feminists done for men? Besides making it so they can be arrested for being assaulted by a woman. Or making them rarely ever get custody of their children.
1. Men are no longer expected to be the main provider for their entire working lives. They don’t have to be frightened that they and their family will starve if they’re diabled, injured or sick.
2. They can choose to work in traditionally female jobs, as secretaries, nurses and homemakers, for example.
3. It’s ok nowdays for men to talk about their feelings; obtain counselling support; admit that they’re emotionally unwell when those things happen.
4. They can have sex without being expected to marry the woman; if both agree to that. They can choose to enter into a common law relationship and never get married; if that’s in accord with their personal beliefs.
5. They can now dislcose rape and abuse without being as pressured as they used to be, by the prevailing masculine culture, to remain silent or be accused of being weak, gay and so on.
6. They can spend more time with their children and be more involved in their daily care.
7. They can refuse to go to war and sok. Nobody expects them to defend and protect if they don’t want to or they are just not cut out for that sort of role.
8. They can take better care of themselves - be gentler with themselves. There is less pressure to be macho; macho is not admired anymore.
9. They can charge an abusive partner with assault, stalking and any other behaviour that endangers them.
10. No fault divorce means that they don’t have to have a reason to call it quits on an unhappy marriage. They don’t have to have infidelity exposed to obtain a divorce.
11. They can know that when a woman is with them it’s because she wants to be and because she values all that he is; not because she has no alternative way to survive.
So instead of writing out your own rebuttal, you chose to rip this list from another site and claim it as your own.
1. This really depends on your individual economic situation, cultural background, and whether or not you live with or are married to a woman who chooses to work. If you think feminism fought for women’s right to work, think again. Women have been working since as early as ancient times and played very important roles during the Industrial Revolution and war times. The fact that more women have went into the workforce, relieving men of having to be the main providers, is not because of feminism but because of the choices of individual women.
2. Male nurses have been around since as early as the 3rd century. In fact, men had significant representation in nursing until the late 1800s because of the early association between nursing and the military and religious orders.
Men were also secretaries between the 14th and 19th centuries. Only since World War I has the role of secretary been primarily associated with women.
3. Actually, it is not okay for men to openly discuss their problems considering it is feminists who have protested meetings discussing men’s rights and issues. It is feminists who have painted MRAs as hateful, misogynistic, anti-planned parenthood, and overall hate mongers on national television in an attempt to diminish the discussion of men’s issues by slander. It is feminists who have nothing but contempt for men who talk about their issues because they are not using the feminist platform to do so. At every turn it has been only feminists who have chosen to hinder men talking about their problems. One feminist thought it was hilarious to be condescending to a man who was talking about the incredibly high male suicide rates around the world. If you listen closely to that video at 0:09, another feminist chimes in and claims that mental health is not a men’s issue. Feminists have also consistently torn down posters advertising these meetings or issues.
So I’m wondering, how can men openly discuss their issues if feminists openly protest and demonize them for doing so, even going so far as to broadcast this statement on Saturday Night Live?
4. This has nothing to do with feminism. Men have always been able to have sex with women without having to get married. The only pressure to get married was because of religion and that still exists today in many social and cultural circles. In fact, Bristol Palin, daughter of Sarah Palin, faced criticism over her pregnancy out of wedlock.
5. In India, feminists lobbied the government to change their decision to include men in the description of rape. The law now states that only women can be the victims of rape. In the United States, the FBI has included men but only if they are anally penetrated. This ignores men who are the victims of rape by women or boys who are the victim of rape by an adult woman. Here is an example of how female on male rape can affect someone. It is also estimated that male victims of rape in prison and outside of prison outnumber the rape of women, but feminists deny this or choose to dismiss the issue because it is men raping men. But what about women raping women in prison? Does that not count?
6. According to Pew Research, "56% of working moms and 50% of working dads say they find it very or somewhat difficult to balance the responsibilities of juggling work and family life and 46% of fathers say they are not spending enough time with their children, compared with 23% of mothers. Analysis of time use data shows that fathers devote significantly less time than mothers to child care (an average of seven hours per week for fathers, compared with 14 hours per week for mothers). Among mothers, 68% say they spend the right amount of time with their children. Only half of fathers say the same."
7. The reason why men are no longer forced to go to war is because of the public outcry during the Vietnam War and because Richard Nixon campaigned on the promise to end the draft, not because of feminism.
8. Masculinity is not bad. The idea that progress is being made due to the diminishing admiration for strong men is not helping men. It is only perpetuating the idea that being masculine means to be violent or a criminal of sorts.
9. Not true. It is very hard for a man to charge a female partner with abuse. In an experiment by ABC News, a man who abused a woman in public was always confronted while a woman who abused a man wasn’t. Even an off duty police officer walks on by when the woman was assaulting the man. In this public experiment, a woman smashes a cup of hot coffee over her boyfriend’s head and no one confronts her. What would happen if the roles were reversed?
Jezebel wrote an article making light of domestic violence against men claiming that many of their editors have hit their significant others while claiming they were uh, totally asking for it.
In the UK, the BBC reports there are 500 support services for women while there are only 12 for men while the rates are almost equal at 1 in 4 for women and 1 in 6 for men.
Almost all domestic violence shelters in the United States are geared to help only women even though men make up almost half of domestic violence victims and over 60% of the homeless. Because domestic violence is seen as an issue that only affects women, it is incredibly hard to get into a shelter as a man.
Here is an IndieGoGo Project to open a men’s shelter in Ohio that only reached $235 of its $100,000 goal before time ran out. If this were a project for a women’s shelter it would have reached its goal in no time. After all, Anita Sarkeesian raised over $150,000 just for her commentary on video games.
Here’s a 2010 report by SAVE (Stop Abusive and Violent Environments) on how domestic violence programs discriminate against male victims.
10. Women file for divorce two thirds of the time while in some states where No Fault Divorce was introduced 70% of filings were made by women, and guess who is paid alimony and child support more? Divorce only benefits women, not men. And when the tables are turned and the law reforms so that men can ask the courts to make their ex-wives pay up, they complain that the law doesn’t work.
11. This is pure bullshit and has nothing to do with feminism. This has to do with the characteristics of the people involved, nothing more.
Nice try, but you’re utterly full of shit.